What a disappointing situation with the 17mm lens! Why?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
enrique santa
Contributing MemberPosts: 664
Like?
Re: What a disappointing situation with the 17mm lens! Why?
In reply to Louis_Dobson, 10 months ago

Louis_Dobson wrote:

What a lot of hostile reaction,

Louis.... hostile?, sure?

especially from people with limited powers of English comprehension!

Perhaps me?. Louis you may know, as you live in Portugal that our attitude , language and perhaps pasionate character is really different than british or north people. Perhaps if it is me that you are referring I dont have the skill to translate opinions, things or expresions that in my native language sound absolutly polite to yours. Verry sorry if I have ofended somebody.
I don't use the 35 efl length much, don't have 17mm f1.8, I have only read the reviews, which are not brilliant on the optical front.

You could be right at this point Louis but one thing is optically and sharpness - I thing you will don´t notice it even at an A2 impresion compared with the 20mm 1.7- The other point is the whole lens, and in this capitule this lens shine for his af speed, beeing an optimal lens for streetshooting. I know that isn´t your favourite genere.

So if the 17mm f1.8 reviews are right, there is no premium, AF, 35mm equivalent lens in MFT. While I could not care less, it's a problem for many people.

As Sergey an others are posting from time to time threads very similar at this I don´t really know what´s the point in doing again?. perhaps call all the Oly 17mm 1.8 stupids?....Sergey and others have a lot to choose in this FL.

Simples.

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/acam
http://thegentlemansnapper.blogspot.com

Cheers

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow