What a disappointing situation with the 17mm lens! Why?

Started Sep 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Terry Cioni
Contributing MemberPosts: 949Gear list
Like?
texinwein
In reply to texinwien, Sep 2, 2013

texinwien wrote:

Paul De Bra wrote:

The 25mm is one of the most highly regarded lenses. The 20mm is too but its focusing mechanism isn't state of the art. The 17mm f/1.8 is "not that good"?

You do realize that when you put words in quotes, it implies that you are, indeed, quoting someone.

I have searched (quickly) though this thread, from the post of yours that I am quoting here, back to the original post that started this discussion, and I have found no use of the phrase "not that good", which you've placed in quotes here. I may have missed one, of course.

Please clarify.

texinwien,

Who do you think you are? At this point you are sounding like you see yourself as the smartest guy on the forum (not) - a tendency that doesn't take into account actually taking pictures with lenses.

Now I wait to read this is a gear forum blah, blah, blah which somehow accounts for bad behaviour and a good deal of FUD.

You are a good reason why the DPR micro 4/3 forum is a reck.

I will continue to use and enjoy my Olympus 17 F1.8....

Go clarify yourself...would be my advice.

Terry Cioni's gear list:Terry Cioni's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Ricoh GR Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Fujifilm X-E2 Olympus OM-D E-M10 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow