What a disappointing situation with the 17mm lens! Why?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Sergey Borachev
Senior MemberPosts: 2,480Gear list
Like?
Re: What a disappointing situation with the 17mm lens! Why?
In reply to Blesys, 10 months ago

Blesys wrote:

I have a canon equipment with very good lenses. I started out to buy new cheap lenses and got dissapointed. Then I bought used high end lenses and saw the difference. I will never buy a mediocre lens again. I find it important to read the reviews about lenses you intend to buy.
I have made one misstake when it comes to high end lenses an that was to buy the 28-300mm L lens. It is mediocre all over. It is not near the 70-200mm L lens or primes I have.

I have started to use the Micro 4/3 because it is so small and light and have got good reviews. Now I have the 12mm 2.0m lens and the Panasonic 35-100mm and I am happy with these. I am happy to walk around with a light but high quality equipment. BUT though there are many Micro 4/3 lenses I don´t think I have read a very good Review of zoom above 100mm or a fixed lens above 100mm. Are there fixed lenses above 100mm?

I would not hesitate to buy the 75mm olympus or the 60mm macro and maybe not the Panasonic 7-14mm. But that is about all as of now. There must be more of very high IQ lenses

There are many Micro 4/3 lenses but there are far to few very good ones. Olympus and Panasonic must adress this if they want professionals to use them. Unless there are not a good line of lenses you cannot talk about the advantage of Micro 4/3 compared to FF with their many excellent lenses. The possibilities are there for a good Micro 4/3 system but not so many lenses yet of very good IQ. I see a future where i buy the olympus 150mm 2.0 lens. Rave Reviews. Heavy but not as heavy as the Canon counter part and with the camera body still light.

Blesys

You have high standards.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow