can't believe my 5R has lost almost half value in 7 months

Started Sep 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
hyenadog
Contributing MemberPosts: 747
Like?
Re: can't believe my 5R has lost almost half value in 7 months
In reply to Sir Punk, Sep 2, 2013

Sir Punk wrote:

I have been reading a bit the news on nex rumors and I happened to noticed a post about the 5R being sold for $429

I bought my 5R at the end of January for $700 and now it's probably worth $300 on the used market. I know how much technology depreciates but also my experience with other expensive digital cameras I have owned (one example to LX3) was that the value wouldn't go down so sharply. Not even a year has gone by.

This makes me reconsider Sony for my next purchase of a digital camera with such short product life.

What are people thoughts on this matter? I am quite upset about it. I always sell my gear and reinvest that money to buy new one but this 5R is going to be quite a financial loss.

why are you so upset about it ? .. there is zero material difference between the 5T and 5R ? if you got your money back and bought a 5T you would see no material differncew in any way .. wait a few weeks until the stocks have cleared and the 5R prices will likely go back up

If you want to be pi**ed off about the NEX then get pi**ed off about the crap range of bright tele lenses available for the NEX/NEXinaDSLRskin (well actually none) .. never mind reasonably priced or with OIS

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow