Sony NEX-6 Benchmark Test?

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
Mel Snyder
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,561Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony NEX-6 Benchmark Test?
In reply to mtwo, 11 months ago

mtwo wrote:

Well, I am new to the Nex 6 also but I am not new to making photos. I don't see a lot wrong with your photo. It is a nice shot but I am not sure it is one to have on the wall at 16x24. I don't know what you may have done to it by way of post processing but there are possibilities here. The shadows could be lifted some and a bit of clarity added if you use Adobe Camera Raw. Looks as if a bit of sharpening would not hurt either, not a lot. Your shot seems adequately sharp and I assume your focus was on the water.

I have some Nex stuff which I am not very proud of either and until I get a better handle on this thing my stuff is likely to stay in the aw crap category for a while. Some of it gives glimmers of hope though. This was taken at ISO 400 with a 28-105 Nikkor but I do not find the kit lens to be a bad one.

After all it is a small package. You can get ultimate control with a DSLR. I bought this as a sort of pocket camera. Otherwise be prepared to lug some weight around.

I really don't think you have a problem the lens may not be stellar but it is plenty capable.

John

Great comment, great image. You're way beyond "aw crap."

Mel Snyder's gear list:Mel Snyder's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow