A3 Printer Vs Online printing

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Beginner Photographer needing help with printer
Like?
A3 Printer Vs Online printing
10 months ago

I am currently looking into buying a printer as I have begun to get some of my own pictures framed for display for the purpose of selling them!

Having had one of two pictures printed at a local Kodak shop I am considering buying my own printer for ease, as well as hoping it will be cheaper in the long run to get prints done. However the initial expenditure on a printer is a little daunting at this point!

This is where my dilemma lies. I cannot afford the 500+ printers as I am a student but want a good A3 printer which will meet my demands. I have read many of the forums on Canon vs Epson and taken into account that a printer with larger cartridges would be better for economy. But printers range from £150 to beyond my limits. If it worth spending the extra 150-200 on one of the cannons then I may consider it if it works out cheaper in the long run.

This leaves me with the option of a second hand Pixma Pro 9500 Mark II (Although Im sure this wont come with a full set of inks) or a new pixma Pro 9000 or Pro 100 among others! I have not looked into the Epson printers as much however but I am open to those who have a greater knowledge than myself!

I know how much prints cost online but I do not know how much they will compare on having your own printer ie 20"x 16" or 24"x 16"

I fully appreciate any help offered!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow