What a disappointing situation with the 17mm lens! Why?

Started Sep 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Paul De Bra
Forum ProPosts: 11,406Gear list
Like?
You must have seen (or had) bad copies?
In reply to Sergey Borachev, Sep 2, 2013

All good points, but in this case I do feel that it should not be hard to get something quite a bit better, especially considering the price and the significance of this particular FL.

This statement sure sounds like whichever lens among the many you listed you actually used or have seen images from must have been bad.

"quite a bit better" considering the price sure does not apply to reasonably good copies of the Olympus 17mm f/1.8 or the Panasonic 20mm f/1.7. I'm sure it is possible to make lenses that are "a bit better" at reasonable additional cost, but I don't see the opportunity for "quite a bit better" given that in m43 we are still at 16MP with bayer-pattern sensors, so it sounds like you are asking for the impossible.

-- hide signature --

Slowly learning to use the Olympus OM-D E-M5.
Public pictures at http://debra.zenfolio.com/.

Paul De Bra's gear list:Paul De Bra's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow