Sony NEX-6 Benchmark Test?

Started Sep 1, 2013 | Questions thread
mtwo
Regular MemberPosts: 427Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony NEX-6 Benchmark Test?
In reply to justincarlson, Sep 2, 2013

I have no interest in flogging a dead horse. However I find the comment about short shutter speed and high ISO to be questionable.  My copy of the 16-50 is more than adequate.  If you need an excuse to buy lenses this is not one.  Are there better lenses, of course.  However you need to consider the flexibility the 16-50 provides.  From 24 to 75 in real terms is pretty good stuff.  Most of these kit lenses start at 18mm and that is not very wide but 16 equates to 24mm and that is a very nice wide starting point.  Primes are great but not suitable for every occasion.  Moreover, you can stick that whole thing, camera and lens, in a jacket pocket.  Great thing, that.  You might not take a APS-C DSLR with you but this little guy is a piece of cake to haul along and that kit lens provides a lot of flexibility.

The sensor is one of the better 16Mp ones out there.  Colors are very nice.

If you want another lens then go buy one but the one you have is pretty good.  Changes to your technique may pay greater dividends than another lens.  I don't wish to start an acrimonious match here but please don't be swayed by lens envy till you have taken a lot more photos.

Go out and have some fun.  Perfection is not always possible but decent images are within reach of most of us.

John

mtwo's gear list:mtwo's gear list
Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D7100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow