Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
PBSBill
New MemberPosts: 17Gear list
Like?
Re: 70D Field Notes - Elephants included
In reply to RedFox88, 10 months ago

RedFox88 wrote:

Neal Bkk wrote:

Lucky me, my camera store in Bangkok got the 70D on Thursday and it was lucky because Friday I was off to see the Elephant Polo Matches. I brought 3 lenses with me to the match but never used the Kit 18-135mm.

I started with the Sigma 18-35mm and got some great shots, I didn't use video with it today but had the previous day and I did not notice any noise when I zoomed in and out.

Most of the day I used the Canon f4-5.6 70-300L. Auto focus was great, for video everything was also excellent and I didn't notice any noise with that lens either.

I used a Kenko 1.4x with the 70-300L and no problems with that combination either doing video or stills.

Did you use the teleconverter on the image posted? If so that's why the image looks as bad as it does. Not sharp, a lot of fuzziness, just not clear and inadequate DOF. You'd probably have been better off just cropping instead of using a Kenko teleconverter. The image is also on the dark side but guess that is lack of DR by Canon still.

It must be me, but when I view the original size image it is sharp, not fuzzy, clear and nice DOF. And actually not bad on brightness.

PBSBill's gear list:PBSBill's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow