***Weekly Wildlife Thread: Sep 1 - Sep 7***

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
capt bob
Senior MemberPosts: 1,518Gear list
Like?
Re: The Birds Were Talking to me this Week
In reply to Ed at Ridersite, 11 months ago

Not really sure Ed might be the bright Sun on the Back of the Raptor birds and the Shadowed front is not popping with the blown out Sky ? Obviously the Pinkies were level to me and was able to get pretty close , Oddly enough I had a 1.4 Sig EX on my 300 2.8 on the Spoonbills too. I tried using a lower ISO on the Osprey today the Sun was very bright , My usual bird base line is ISO 500 F8 and 1000-1500 speed , Today in P I was off the chart in shutter speed 3500 at 500 ISO  I think so I took off the P auto pilot , I could throw a rock at that Osprey and he would just look at me I have never had him spook and I shoot him quite a bit but can only get 2 angles on him , The RSH was way at the Top of a Pondorosa Pine and I had to get out to get an angle on him so even at 500 a pretty big crop , I struggle in the bright sun background I even had the Coffee can hood on and no T/C today.

capt bob's gear list:capt bob's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99 Sony a6000 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Tamron SP AF 180mm F/3.5 Di LD (IF) Macro +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow