Which is the Best mirror less camera for portrait photography?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Aznmadness
Forum MemberPosts: 91Gear list
Like?
Re: Which is the Best mirror less camera for portrait photography?
In reply to rsenk19, 11 months ago

Depends on which FL you prefer to shoot at the Olympus will give you 90mm and the NEX will give you 75mm which is quite a big difference in terms of where you will be standing and how far away you are from your subject.

I believe i read somewhere that the Olympus JPEG is quite boss (i think it was the OM-D review).

NEX is good due to the larger sensor.

NEX 5T has been announced so it is worth waiting for it to be in stores before you go find your 5N or 5R.

I am an NEX user so i am biased towards them but Olympus (almost got the OM-D over my NEX7) is definitely a good camera and you cant go wrong with either.

rsenk19 wrote:

Hello,

I would like to go for a good mirror less camera with a perfect lens for portrait photography. I now own Pentax K-30 with 18-135mm kit lens and an Olympus XZ-1 compact camera. I am not very satisfied with the color tones the Pentax DSLR is delivering. So, now seriously thinking to add a reasonable price mirror less camera and a fast lens for portrait snaps.

Right now, following are in my list :

Olympus EPM-2 with Olympus M.Zuiko 45mm f1.8

Sony NEX 5N with E50mm f 1.8 OSS

Which one you would recommend ? Any other systems to consider? JPEG color ( Especially Skin tones etc) rendition is important for me.

Any advice would be greatly helpful.

Regards,

Senthil

-- hide signature --

** Gonna Die Waiting for the SEL 85mm or Fast Macro at a Longer FL**

Aznmadness's gear list:Aznmadness's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Tamron 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 Di III VC Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow