Monochrom/Noctilux - West Virginia freeway stop

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
dale thorn
Senior MemberPosts: 1,724Gear list
Like?
Re: Monochrom/Noctilux - West Virginia freeway stop
In reply to mjack101, 10 months ago

mjack101 wrote:

Now if you think about that, and the fact that the Monochrom should yield the best JPEGs in the business, why would I want to spend valuable time doing lab work? I'm not Ansel Adams, but I intend to have a few memorable images as time goes on. And I don't keep the bad ones - I toss 'em.

I know you probably dont want another post about using RAW but having read so many reviews of the MM and the files it produces and having looked at a lot of pictures posted here and elsewhere I really think that this is the one camera where the JPG will never do it justice. It doesn't take long to tweak a RAW and I truly believe you will be blown away by how much improvement there can be.

Just take one RAW photo and try it, what do you have to lose?

Oh and btw ignore the negative posters above, they are probably just envious that you have such a great camera.

Thanks!! - I think that's actually good advice, and I'm going to at least make the attempt soon. I've been mistrustful of Adobe for years, and the recent decision re: Photoshop even exceeded my fears. So maybe that other free software will do the trick by itself?

dale thorn's gear list:dale thorn's gear list
Leica D-Lux 6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60)
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow