There's something about the Cream Machine...

Started Aug 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
RBFresno
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,154Gear list
Like?
Re: Asymmetric eyes (other other facial features).....
In reply to ravenoaks45, Sep 1, 2013

ravenoaks45 wrote:

Not a criticism of lens or model but does anyone else think that the right eye of the model is LARGER than the left................

Hi!

Although a bit off topic, it's not unusual to have asymmetry in facial features, including the eyes (well, not the eyeball itself!)..

In fact, if one clones half of a portrait, makes a mirror image of it, and superimposes it on the other side to give a perfectly symmetric face, it tends to look weird and not quite like the actual person.

I recently took a quick snapshot of my daughter a month ago when I saw that the late afternoon light was getting nice. Here's the "out of the camera" JPEG. Note her relatively droopy right eye:

Nikon D4 ,Carl Zeiss ZF.2 Apo Sonnar T* 2/135
1/1000s f/2.8 at 135.0mm iso800

Even though she dislikes it when I touch up her photos, I find it difficult to resist at least a little post processing. And her eye is usually not that droopy!

It's pretty quick and easy to do some basic adjustments in Portrait Professional.

In addition to softening  some shadows, reducing some of the skin "shine", and softening her complexion, I selectively widened her right eye a bit until it looked more like she usually does (at least to me!  But what do I know...I'm her biased Dad!):

Best Regards,

RB

RBFresno's gear list:RBFresno's gear list
Nikon D2H Nikon D3 Nikon D200 Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow