Started Aug 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Arn
Arn
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,492Gear list
Like?
Re: Does the 6d have a quad core 1.6 GHz processor? more
In reply to viking79, 11 months ago

viking79 wrote:

Bryan M wrote: I'm baffled by this pricing by Samsung. Phandroid is reporting it at $1600 which is way too much. I predict within 6 months after release we will see big price drops. Even if this was camera was $1000 I would have no interest in it. I am hoping for something more enticing from the NX30 if it shows.

Wow, $1600 is a lot money

I can easily buy a Full frame Canon 6D ($1499) with a 40mm pancake lens ($120 on ebay) for less. Samsung product has never been cheap nor price competitive, but $1600...really?

The bottom line is these are very different cameras, they might market them to completely different. People looking at the 5D probably aren't going to be looking at the galaxy NX.

No camera today has even half the processing power that galaxy NX has in terms of general computing power. I think the NX could shine with some updated Android apps. Give it time to mature.

"Does it have a quad core processor"?

That kind of stuff simply doesn't matter. Really. Not. One. Bit.

What matters, is that the camera does the job that it's supposed to do (and does it well) and that it's reasonably priced and supported with lenses, future body upgrades, other neccessary gear like flashes, etc. Canon has all this. Samsung doesn't really look that future proof to me at this moment. I have several lenses for my NX20 and before I put a € more into this system, I'm going to need some kind of proof that it's not all going down the toilet in the future. I don't want a huge mobile phone with interchangeable lenses (and bloody awful operability), I wan't a camera that works and isn't insanely expensive.

Arn's gear list:Arn's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Samsung NX20 Sony Alpha 7 +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow