Which is the Best mirror less camera for portrait photography?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Klaus dk
Senior MemberPosts: 2,320Gear list
Like?
Re: Which is the Best mirror less camera for portrait photography?
In reply to rsenk19, 11 months ago

Being interested in portraiture myself I looked through the results in the NEX portrait challenge. I can't say I was impressed, take a look yourself and see if you share my view.

Portrait snaps will often benefit from shallow DOF to isolate the model from the background. To get that, you will need a large sensor and a bright lens, but it will also necessitate fast and accurate focusing. I disagree with just using a centre focusing point and then recompose. In my experience, it is much better to have a single selectable focus point and then place it on the nearest eye to get focus on that.

I would recommend you use your DSLR and get yourself a prime between 50 and 85mm for your APS-C sensor (80  - 135mm equivalence). The faster focus of the DSLR will also help you to get you shot at the right moment.

Good luck, whatever you choose.

Klaus dk's gear list:Klaus dk's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow