***Weekly Wildlife Thread: Sep 1 - Sep 7***

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 21,429Gear list
Like?
Last week, alternate camera
In reply to zackiedawg, 11 months ago

Last week was constantly threatened by rain and very hot, so I stuck with my NEX-5N for birding duties...I've just been shooting this weekend with the A580 but won't get around to those photos until tomorrow, so here are some shots from the NEX last weekend around the wetlands:

Vulture circling overhead

First sighting of the solitary sandpipers for fall - they left back in spring and are just headed back down here

Another first migrator - and only the second time I've ever seen one - a northern waterthrush

He was in a VERY dark swampy pond area...I needed ISO3200 to shoot him on the shoreline!

Alligator moving in camoflauge, with his portable island

A tilapia lurking just under the surface of the water, in the shallows

A brown basilisk lizard on alert in case I chase him

A real challenge for any camera, and especially the NEX - barn swallows move a thousand miles an hour, but they're fun to try to shoot in flight!

For full disclosure, both barn swallow shots were taken while sitting in my swimming pool, cooling off!  They've been buzzing over my house for weeks now

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow