Some HS50 shots for C&C

Started Sep 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
alexisgreat
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,625Gear list
Like?
Re: Some HS50 shots for C&C
In reply to cantanima, Sep 1, 2013

With the HS20 it works much the same, but I have a different take..... I ditched A mode completely because it's just not worth it on these small sensors, I found when I used it I was sticking to the widest possible aperture anyway to avoid diffraction and to keep shutter speed as fast as possible and depth of field isnt an issue on these small sensors, so I use shutter priority completely and get more control over camera settings, it lets you adjust ISO in 1/3 steps (those intermediate ISO you mentioned) on the HS20 by changing the shutter speed and I always keep the slowest shutter speed that I can handhold so aperture is always maximized and ISO is always as close to 100 as possible. It's about two stops slower than the shutter speed the camera selects.

-- hide signature --

http://Alex_the_GREAT.photoshop.com

alexisgreat's gear list:alexisgreat's gear list
Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Fujifilm FinePix HS20 EXR Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Olympus E-520 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow