Some HS50 shots for C&C

Started Sep 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
alexisgreat
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,800Gear list
Like?
Re: Some HS50 shots for C&C
In reply to DickyAus, Sep 1, 2013

what's the size difference between the X-S1 and the HS50?  With previous HS series cameras, smaller size was a major selling point, I dont know if that's the case anymore.

The thing I notice with canon specifically is that their sensor, although smaller, seems to perform better at higher ISO than the slightly larger fuji sensor! I wonder why that is?  Less MP?

Honestly, sometimes I wish Fuji would have just improved the 1/2.3 sensor they used in the HS10, make it EXR, but keep the MP to 10, so M size would have been 5 MP- plenty for everyone but Joms I guess lol.  I think a 10/5 MP 1/2.3 BSI EXR CMOS sensor would have produced really good DR and lower levels of noise at higher ISO than the current 16/8 MP 1/2 sensor.  Also, the HS50 would have been more compact at 1000mm and maybe even at 1200mm.  Basically, all they would need to do is make an EXR version of the SL1000 and cut the MP's from 16 to 10.

-- hide signature --

http://Alex_the_GREAT.photoshop.com

alexisgreat's gear list:alexisgreat's gear list
Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Fujifilm FinePix HS20 EXR Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Olympus E-520 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow