Some HS50 shots for C&C

Started Sep 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
alexisgreat
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,800Gear list
Like?
Re: Some HS50 shots for C&C
In reply to Andy Hewitt, Sep 1, 2013

Andrew, the X-S1 is in its own class, but to try and improve the results with your HS50 try the following settings:

M size DR 400 Auto ISO 400 (this combo will make sure ISO 400 only gets chosen in low light)

okay, and here is a little trick I am using

S Priority and do some test shots to figure out the limits of your handheld shooting and keep the shutter speed as slow as you can keep it and that will make sure ISO stays as close to 100 as possible. The shutter speeds the camera chooses in A priority are often faster than they need be, and this also means a higher ISO is chosen. I fine that in S Priority I can get ISO to change in 1/3 step increments as I adjust the shutter speed. You will have to take some pics at various shutter speeds and examine them in review to see what ISO was chosen and to see what your handholding limits are. I find that keeping point of focus magnified in review helps with this.

Spot Metering

Center Focus Point

EC -0.3 is good leave it there.

Leave IS on Continuous

SET NR TO THE LOWEST POSSIBLE SETTING

SET SHARPENING TO THE LOWEST POSSIBLE SETTING

I think that's it- if I remember anything else I'll let you know and please let us know how it turns out.

-- hide signature --

http://Alex_the_GREAT.photoshop.com

alexisgreat's gear list:alexisgreat's gear list
Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Fujifilm FinePix HS20 EXR Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Olympus E-520 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow