RAW Troublemaker Again

Started Aug 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Austinian
Senior MemberPosts: 1,246Gear list
Like?
Re: RAW Troublemaker Again
In reply to JamieTux, 11 months ago

JamieTux wrote:

As for "The whole point of processing RAW is to make all of those fine corrections that JPG cannot do right."
That may be the the whole point to some people but I am willing to bet good money that the majority of people that shoot raw don't do it for that reason. It will be because it offers them an advantage (more control, more flexbility, a way of standardising output across different cameras) or at least no disadvantages to them (they have enough disk space and big enough memory cards).

More flexibility, yes. I think of it as 'preserving my options'; sometimes, even days after looking at an initial output image, I'll decide to try quite different settings on the RAW conversion software. It took me some thought and experimentation to realize the importance of this, and I've only recently begun to explore the exciting possibilities. Learning never ends.

Austinian's gear list:Austinian's gear list
Sony a77 II Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sony DT 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ChetNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow