Preventing mould, how to protect you equipment ?

Started Apr 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Snodayz
Regular MemberPosts: 111Gear list
Like?
Re: Preventing mould, how to protect you equipment ?
In reply to drj3, 7 months ago

I live on the coast in Sydney, Australia and over the years have lost two sets of binoculars to mould. While my house is air-conditioned I prefer to run it only on the worst of days and depend on breeze or ceiling fans the rest of the time. Unfortunately, with mould you don't really see it coming.  By the time it's noticeable its already too late and very expensive to rectify.  So I now keep three DSLR's, two P&S camera's and two vintage film cameras, along with eight lenses and my latest binoculars in a large Wonderful brand dry cabinet with the humidity level set at 30%.  It's very cheap to run, totally silent, displays all my gear quite nicely and I'm not ratting around any more in various bags looking for the gear I want. After every shoot the camera gear goes back in the cabinet and the bags are put away.  Simple and neat and I know my gear is getting the best chance of remaining mould free.

Snodayz's gear list:Snodayz's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 400mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow