Discouraged by Pentax reliability

Started Aug 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Petroglyph
Senior MemberPosts: 2,816Gear list
Like?
Re: Discouraged by Pentax reliability
In reply to bkpix, Sep 1, 2013

Sorry you are having bad luck with PK cameras.  Last year I sold more cameras and lenses than I bought.  Doesn't always happen that way   I just said that to let you know I wind up trying a lot of different cameras.  I've been very lucky with my gear and I can only recall one minor problem with a Pentax camera and one with a Pentax lens.  I've only ever shot with one Canon camera, a 6D, and it also gave no problems at all and the Canon glass has worked flawlessly for me.  With Nikon, same story, and I have a much longer history with Nikon digital cams.  The D600 I was using didn't even have the "dust/oil" problem everyone wrote about.  All modern cameras from the big makers seem to have pretty good QA/QC from my perspective so I don't know what else to tell you.  I hope you have better luck with your future gear.

Cheers

Petroglyph's gear list:Petroglyph's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow