Started Aug 31, 2013 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
iPixel
New MemberPosts: 13Gear list
Like?
Not totally impressed
Aug 31, 2013

After lots of information gathering, to buy a compact zoom camera suitable for travel, I found this one had all I needed in a camera to take on a trip to Europe. I purchased this camera, and I have had mixed feelings about it - yes, it has all the features I wanted: GPS, WiFi, big zoom, good battery life in a compact size that can slip in a pocket.....yet I am not impressed with a few features.

1) In auto mode, the pictures come out under-exposed. Even in the brightest sunny locations (on a beach with full sun) the pictures come out a bit dark. This has forced me to operate in one of the manual modes to compensate for the lack of light

2) The LCD screen on the back is really bad in outdoor/bright locations. It makes trying to adjust settings, and even compose an image, very difficult...with lots of squinting. I have set the screen brightness to it's max 5/5, and still it's washed out outdoors.

3) The WiFi works, but is a bit gimmicky, it is often easier to just pop the SD card into the iPad, rather than fiddle with trying to connect to the app, which doesn't always connect right away

It is a pity - it has all the features to be a great camera, but falls short in some very important areas.

iPixel's gear list:iPixel's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Nikon Coolpix P600
iPixel's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
okay
Action / sports
okay
Landscapes / scenery
great
Portraits
good
Low light (without flash)
awful
Flash photography (social)
acceptable
Studio / still life
acceptable
= community average
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow