Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Otts
Junior MemberPosts: 33Gear list
Like?
LX7 or GX7?
11 months ago

I've been using my trusty LX5 since shortly after it came out - have been extremely impressed with it but, alas, I now have some dust somewhere on the inside and I am out of warranty.  Reading various posts I could sent it to Panny ($$$) or buy a new/used one as a replacement.  While that would make the most economic sense, that is rarely how I operate - time to upgrade!!  

Up until the GX7 announcement I would have totally gone the LX7 route but one of the draws to the GX7 is the ability for me to add lenses while still keeping a small(ish) camera.  I would really like a telephoto.

While the prices of these two approaches are very different, I also am a LVF guy, so that brings the LX7 price point up closer to the GX7 (but I'll have to wait a month - patience is also not one of my strong points).

What would you do if you had to buy a new toy?

Thanks!
R

Otts's gear list:Otts's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow