Consumer Camcorder with extreme low Light and wide angle capability

Started Nov 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
LSHorwitz1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,084Gear list
Like?
Re: Consumer Camcorder with extreme low Light and wide angle capability
In reply to palyok, 11 months ago

palyok wrote:

Consumer Reports says it is very good in low light but I cannot find any tests and comparison with M52.thanks

I have owned and used the latest Sony PJ790V Handycam, the Vixia HFG30, and the latest Panasonic HC-X920 as well as many prior camcorders. The Vixia may have a very slight edge in low light but the Sony BOSS Steadycam stabilization is quite superior, and for a true bargain ($859) in terms of all features, the new Panasonic HC-X920 is an unbeatable choice IMHO. Good wide angle, excellent low light, very good stabilizer, and a low price tag compared to either the Vixia or Sony, both of which are nearly twice the price in the $1600 range.

Also regarding bargains, Cyberlink Power Director 11 does everything a hobbyist video editor could ever want at a very low $89 price and has consistently won top awards for ease of use, feature set, and price.

I own current versions of Vegas, Edius, Elements, Magix, and an older version of Pinnacle, and heavily used Final Cut Pro and Premiere softwares previously. Seldom do I ever use them any more given the simplicity of Cyberlink PD11.

Larry

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow