Parts for Fujifilm S602Z

Started Aug 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
johnnybee
johnnybee New Member • Posts: 21
Parts for Fujifilm S602Z

I have a Fujifilm Finepix S602Z camera I bought about 10 years ago. Recently the battery compartment lid won't stay closed because the plastic has broken away at the edges. The only I can keep it closed and the batteries connected so I don't lose my settings is with gorilla tape (duct tape won't hold long enough).

I've downloaded a manual for the camera and have the part number for the battery lid, but when I emailed the distributor for availability, I was told I need to send them the camera and then told me they'll only deal with a dealer. The part is simple to replace, not requiring any disassembly of the camera.

So I went to the dealer where I originally bought the camera and gave him a copy of the page with the part and after 2 weeks he tells me the distributor can't ID the part and he gave me their 800 number so I can try myself. I haven't called yet, but I'm wondering if this is normal. That camera cost me over $1000 when I bought it because it was new. Now I can get a Fuji pseudo-SLR at Walmart for $100 (but it's lighter and probably made in China, not Japan).

Just want to hear anybody else's experiences with getting parts for cameras.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow