Senior MemberPosts: 2,245
Like?
Re: Monochrom/Noctilux - West Virginia freeway stop
In reply to dale thorn, Aug 31, 2013

dale thorn wrote:

Toccata47 wrote:

dale thorn wrote:

Len_Gee wrote:

That's a lot of $$$$$ to take pictures of parking lots.

Just sayin.

Thanks for posting.

It is a lot of $$$, and it was a real concern, to be sure it would deliver the goods. But having seen the results and how much they look like medium format photos I have from the 1970s, no worries. The image only has to look good aesthetically - the content or subject is mostly irrelevant. I do envy people who have taken on meaningful tasks with their cameras - something besides creating simple art - but I don't have any such tasks in my sights at this time.

You could have achieved a more aesthetic photo with less relevant content with an iphone and any number of apps. I like scratch cam and snapseed. Have you tried them?

I could hire a maid a lot cheaper than having a wife, if that's what you mean. But no.

Yikes. That's not what I meant. No need to denigrate your wife to turn a phrase my way. This is what I meant:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/riapereira/7338192326/

...just a simple example of making an aesthetically interesting photo from an irrelevant subject using an iphone with scratch cam.

The broader point is if you want feedback on something post something worth the time it takes to look at. Sure, something in that photo is sharp. But something is always sharp with any camera when it has focus, right?

You made a post a while back about wanting to learn how to make a better black and white photograph. That was the genesis of my comment to this thread.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow