RAW Troublemaker Again

Started Aug 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
RichV
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,917Gear list
Like?
So the next time,
In reply to Gary Eickmeier, Aug 31, 2013

I hope you'll do things differently. Of prime importance to me is the lens you used and Kurt Monger's review that indicated diffraction rears its ugly head at f/11 - you shot at f/16, which is tantamount to inviting the image to be kicked (moral of this section: know the best performance range for your lens/camera); as well, you might have used one of the weaker areas for that lens (i.e. non-center) for your crop. PS Elements 11 may or may not have the best RAW converter out there, either, and you're admittedly "soft" (my impression and quotes, not yours) in your skills in that area.

As with music, different people have different perceptions of things. None of us registers exactly the same color or shade, and there are different levels of detail we perceive. If the Sony JPEG's make you happy, nobody can argue with that (I did look into my files at some KM and Canon JPEG's, and they definitely blow the Sony's out of the water!) - so if your post was truly tongue in cheek, I'd work on portraying that more accurately in the future.

-- hide signature --

Rich

RichV's gear list:RichV's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 50mm F1.4 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ChetNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow