What is the definition of a professional wildlife photographer?

Started Aug 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
happysnapper64
Senior MemberPosts: 4,481Gear list
Like?
Re: Professional is one who is earning a living.
In reply to Zee Char, Aug 31, 2013

Zee Char wrote:

Apewithacamera wrote:

Just to add. There are a lot of roofing companies in our city. A person can be fired from 12 different companies because they are just not good at what they do, That person can go to Home Depot and buy a hammer, start a company and put an ad out in the paper. Now that person is a professional but it does not mean his company is qualified and can produce consistent quality work.

The word "professional" has another meaning, like in "professional misconduct" etc. It concerns living up to certain standards that befit someone who charges a rate for his/her services. There is an expected standard that one who calls themselves a "professional" should live up to. Just being paid, is not the absolute meaning of "professional"

-- hide signature --

lee uk.
There are old pilots, & there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots.
"I'm so fast, when I turn off the light, i'm in bed before the room gets dark" The great Mohamed Ali.

happysnapper64's gear list:happysnapper64's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL5 Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow