RAW Troublemaker Again

Started Aug 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Gary Eickmeier
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,457
Like?
Re: RAW Troublemaker Again
In reply to mick232, Aug 31, 2013

mick232 wrote:

Why don't you post the RAW file and see what people experienced in RAW processing with various RAW converter software can make out of that? If your JPEG is still better than that, you have a point.

Is there a way to post a RAW file on the dpreview site? I also subscribe to Vimeo if that might help - and, I believe, pbase.com if that would work. Anyway, I have it at the office only right now, so will have to wait until I get back there.

Is it true that the Sony Image Data Converter software works just like the camera's processing including lens correction? I, too, am a Windows XP sufferer, and am limited to LR 3.6, if that is a limitation.

I am admittedly a RAW beginner, and have found working in RAW a little cumbersome. Gary Friedman says in his book that sometimes a pro working under a deadline needs to rely on the in-camera processing and ease of JPG. I thought I was making somewhat the same point.

Big mistake.

-- hide signature --

Gary Eickmeier

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ChetNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow