Let's be clear, the ONLY thing about E-M1 that matters is...

Started Aug 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
sderdiarian
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,254Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus needs to aim for a broader market
In reply to Olymore, Aug 31, 2013

Olymore wrote:

Some of us wanted a small version of an Ex camera and that is what we're getting. Similar to the OM series that were very rugged and used in hostile environments all over the world.

I'm an OM (the real OM) user of old, as I suspect you may be as well, and they were excellent cameras known for the qualities you mentioned.  Small bodies and lenses of high quality design and performance that you could take anywhere.

They've now apparently introduced their modern interpretation of an OM4Ti, and at that price point.  It's also a gateway body for those of us still with a foot in the door with 4/3's lenses to join the ranks of mFT (I already have:  E-M5 and E-PM1).  This is good.

But...

They need a true successor to the E-xxx series as well.  Excellent build and all the features (including PDAF on sensor for 4/3's lenses) but sans weather sealing to hold an affordable price.  And with a true 4:3's 3" touch screen, not the silly 16:9 screen designed for video/useless for stills screen of the E-PM/PL series.

The G6 comes closest to this, but the heart of the machine is missing:  the 16 MP Sony sensor, IBIS and Olympus colors.

E-xxx (and E-xx) users continue to wait. And such a camera in the $700-800 range would also offer a bridge to mFT for those using other brand DSLR's but tired of the heft.  The big picture.

-- hide signature --

Sailin' Steve

sderdiarian's gear list:sderdiarian's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow