Did change to full-frame change your techniques?

Started Aug 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rick Knepper
Forum ProPosts: 10,532Gear list
Like?
Re: Did change to full-frame change your techniques?
In reply to martin_k13, Aug 31, 2013

martin_k13 wrote:

Hi,

Yesterday my new 6D arrived and currently I explore the camera. One thing I noticed instantly was the big viewfinder, of course. And I noticed also that, for the first time since I started photography, the judgement of sharpness and DOF is a lot easier than with an APS-C viewfinder. I think manual focus becomes more usable, and also full-time-manual-focus lenses are advantageous to have. Using the reliable cross-type point and manual focus, it's easy and fast to adjust the desired focus in your picture.

So, did a change to full frame also change your techniques as well?

Martin

There isn't a VF in the 35mm format that enables me to focus critically due to my particular eyesight. I'd say Live View did more for me in terms of focusing.

I had only been using a DSLR for 2 years when I switched to the 5D in 2005 which was the game plan from the git-go. Not sure I had established any techniques yet but the DoF confounded me for a bit. Commencing with the 5D, I really started to study the images more closely, many might call this study Pixel Peeping. Also commencing with the 5D, I established for the first time some goals I wanted to acheive with my images and I began to adopt techniques that would or could produce those goals.

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, non-professional, shooting for pleasure, check my profile for gear list and philosophy. TJ said, "Every generation needs a new revolution".

Rick Knepper's gear list:Rick Knepper's gear list
Nikon D3X Nikon D800E Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow