EOS M: Rodney Dangerfield of mirrorless?

Started Aug 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
meland
Senior MemberPosts: 4,028
Like?
Re: They were focused on the wrong competition.
In reply to TrapperJohn, Aug 31, 2013

TrapperJohn wrote:

I suspect that Canon, like Nikon, are so accustomed to focusing on each other and disregarding the niche players that this mindset extended to the EOS-M. It looks for all the world like it was designed to beat the N1 - which it does, in many respects.

EOS-M is a good platform. An interesting start. But not quite what state of the art in CSC offers. I was expecting Canon to release more lenses, and a new body with a built in VF and their newest AF technology. Not to pack up and leave.

Perhaps Canon is so accustomed to success in the DSLR field, they've forgotten what it takes to break into an established market that they don't dominate. More than just putting the Canon name on a camera. It takes a few years of losses, and a lot of effort.

I hope they continue - competition is good for all of us. But one thing is for sure - Canon won't have a presence in this new market until they start taking the real competition seriously.

And it's not Nikon.

Actually Canon considers its greatest potential threat (in cameras) to probably be from Samsung.  Not Nikon.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow