Getting very frustrated...why are my pics not sharp?

Started Aug 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
cnw180
Forum MemberPosts: 81Gear list
Like?
Re: Getting very frustrated...why are my pics not sharp?
In reply to Lexipixel, Aug 31, 2013

Lexipixel wrote:

cnw180 wrote:

Quite a lot been discussed on this thread, so i'll not offer any more suggestions! I will however post a picture I took with my nifty fifty, which I feel is sharper than the OP's photos. Hopefully it's helpful as its the same camera/lens setup too.

I took a picture of my daughter, with a very shallow dof, so the dog she was holding is not in focus, but my daughters face and eyes are.

It's the first chance I've had to take a few studio shots with my 650d too... I processed the pictures in lightroom and they're not perfect as I processed them rather quickly on my netbook with tiny 11 inch screen!!

I love the style of this photo and how you've focused on the child's face. Looks like you've added a tint, sepia maybe? I'm a novice but it looks great.

Thanks for the nice comments!! I think with this picture I just de-saturated it and added a fake vingette! The nifty fifty is such a good lens for portraits and cost me only £80 new!!

cnw180's gear list:cnw180's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 650D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow