Started Aug 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Chet Meyerson
Regular MemberPosts: 209Gear list
Like?
Re: RAW Troublemaker Again
In reply to Gary Eickmeier, Aug 31, 2013

Gary,

I'M WITH YOU!

You knew you were asking for trouble when you started this thread. I don't shoot RAW and I certainly can on my a77 and my a99. The RAW fanatics on this forum really show their ignorance to the JPEG format-of today.

Years ago we had to shoot RAW to avoid the JPEG artifacts that came along with the compression. But those days are over...long gone. Not only have the JPEG compression algorithms improved, but IMHO no software can correct in camera problems better than the manufacture can with hard coded corrections in the camera! I just get a huge kick watching all 3 of my Sony products do that magic. You know, that split second you see the 'raw' image before it gets corrected right after you take the picture. Pure magic!

So, I've learned my lesson with the people on this forum (and that a kind way of putting it) and don't ever get involved with such topics...you will never get answer, only biased opinions.

OH, yes the JPEG image is far superior to the RAW image in your example. Anytime you shoot both, the comparison is valid. How could it not be? Identical exposures, one processed one not! Could be a lousy picture but so what. We all take good one and lousy ones!!!

Chet

Chet Meyerson's gear list:Chet Meyerson's gear list
Sony SLT-A99 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ChetNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow