Started Nov 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
adrianconst
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Re: D7000 vs D5200
In reply to Emotion SideUp, Aug 30, 2013

Emotion SideUp wrote:

baloo_buc wrote:

That I didn't said. I said if you look closer higher megapixel camera will have blur on more pixels than lower megapixel camera so the appearance will be more obvious on the higher megapixel camera.

Why you don't have a 1.500 MP camera then with a sensor size of small compact camera (or better with the one in cell phones)?

I have absolutely no idea what you are saying.  The smaller the pixel count the more pixelated the image will be. Blur or no blur.  1 pixel cannot be blurred it just represent the color (pixel depth, i.e. 2bit b+w, 24bit 16.xmillion colors).  The more pixel, the smoother and sharper transition,  If it's blurred it's blurred. Cursing at myself that I'm wasting my time trying to explain this!

If you have two pictures of the same subject, one with more blur and the other with less blur, in order to notice the blur of the second picture you'll have to zoom in more than for the first picture (the blur is more obvious in the first picture). If the resolution of a picture is low, you might not be able to realize the level of blur when zooming in because you start to see the individual pixels. If you had higher resolution you might be able to get to the point where you notice the blur, before you see the pixelation.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow