RAW Troublemaker Again

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
VirtualMirage
Senior MemberPosts: 2,244Gear list
Like?
Re: RAW Troublemaker Again
In reply to tom, 11 months ago

tom wrote:

I've been struggling with purple fringing, and I'm trying to find out how other people handle it. I would appreciate it if you would provide your recipe.

Thanks in advance

Tom

Are you using Lightroom?

You can first start by checking the remove CA option.  If that doesn't reduce or remove the fringing, you can use the fringe selection tool and click on the fringe offender.  Most of the time it will acknowledge the selection and will automatically apply settings it thinks is best.  If you feel the results are too weak or strong, you can adjust the strength sliders.  You can also tweak the fringe color range.  This comes in handy if you are trying to remove fringing on a color that is similar to the fringe.

There is an alternative way via layers in PS or PSE that is a little more demanding of your skills, but I never had to go that far.  The tool within Lightroom has handled just about all my fringing issues.

Also keep in mind how big or small the picture is going to be displayed at.  The fringing might not even be noticeable depending on its final output size.

-- hide signature --

Paul

VirtualMirage's gear list:VirtualMirage's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Sony 50mm F1.4 Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ChetNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow