Started Aug 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jfriend00
Forum ProPosts: 11,115
Like?
Used D700 in "BGN" condition at KEH?
Aug 30, 2013

I've been shooting daytime sports with my D300 and 200-400 f/4 for many years now, but this fall/winter, I'll be shooting high school soccer in the evenings (around twilight) and I need something that's both a good action camera (good fps, buffer and AF) and better at high ISO than my D300.  I've been waiting years for Nikon to create a new semi-affordable action camera (e.g. D400 or D750), but they have apparently decided that's not something they care to do.

So, now I'm wondering if I should just get a used D700 to tide me over.  There seems no point in getting a D600 or D800 as neither are really optimized for shooting action and a D4 is way beyond my budget.

In looking on KEH, one can get a D700 in "Bargain" condition for $1299.  If the bargain condition is just cosmetic and not functional, that's probably a better deal for me than the EX or EX+ which cost more.  Does anyone have experience with the "Bargain" condition from KEH?  Is it purely cosmetic issues or might I find that some controls don't work properly or the camera looks like it's been dropped or something more serious might impact its use?

-- hide signature --
Nikon D300 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow