Keep LX7 or RX100?

Started Aug 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
elliottnewcomb
Senior MemberPosts: 6,947Gear list
Like?
Re: Keep LX7 or RX100?
In reply to Clayton1985, Aug 30, 2013

Clayton1985 wrote:

But, if you really want to evaluate both I think you need to keep the RX100 long enough to become familiar with the menus, controls, features, etc. It's really too much to evaluate in a few days and realistically you need a month or more unless you are already familiar with Sony menus, features, etc. It was easy for me to learn the RX100MKII but I already have a Sony camera and they are very similar in a lot of ways. If you aren't willing to keep the RX100 long enough then I would just go ahead and return it now - especially since you haven't mentioned anything that you don't like about your LX7.

I have a few short rx100 docs that may help get you up to speed faster so you can decide in your return period which to keep.

Send me your email in a private message, I will send them to you.

I miss 24mm frequently, but, no way would I go for smaller sensor to get it. Also, the supposed advantage of LX7 in low light seems to be theoretical, not real, in your experience.

LX7 is Portable, the RX100 is truly pocketable, it will be with you more (to some degree) I suspect, those few/many pics that might have been missed will be 100% better than LX7 left in the car.

-- hide signature --

Elliott

elliottnewcomb's gear list:elliottnewcomb's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S85 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony RX100 Olympus Stylus 1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow