Started Aug 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Loga
Contributing MemberPosts: 795Gear list
Like?
one system vs two systems
Aug 30, 2013

"Stick with what you already have" - says many pro photographer on the Internet. Despite I am thinking of selling my OM-D and some of my m43 accessories. Before OM-D I had a GF2. It was a simple machine compared to OM-D, it had great low ISO and bad high ISO performance, very good UI, and it had a compact body form that ensured good usability. I wanted better low light capability, so after 2 years I moved to OM-D. I can't say that I am fully satisfied.

OM-D is not that compact, I can't take it in my small bag with a non-pancake lens on it because of the hump. In the same time, while it's IQ is very good, somehow I don't like the way it renders. I have the feeling that the GF2 with somewhat less contrast and less vibrant pictures provided more realistic pictures. Also the OM-D has not too good handling and ergonomics (this has been discussed to hell by many).

So, in the end, the OM-D is not _that_ compact, has weak handling and has not that good IQ for me.

So I am thinking of split my photography set into two directions: A small, compact m43 body with 2-3 primes to make it _really_ compact, and a (full frame) DSLR with really good handling and even better IQ.

Is anyone here with similar thoughts?

Loga's gear list:Loga's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow