Another First Impressions Review Of The A3000

Started Aug 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
TiagoReil
Senior MemberPosts: 1,505Gear list
Like?
Re: Another First Impressions Review Of The A3000
In reply to gwlaw99, Aug 30, 2013

gwlaw99 wrote:

How hard will it be to reach the control dial and programmable buttons with your thumb while looking through the viewfinder?

Other than price, I don't see this having any advantages over entry level Nikons or Canons and some disadvantages (no PDAF for example).

Well, there are advantages.

Smaller body, smaller lenses, less weight, better sensor (yes, the low end cannikons dont have their best sensor, while this one seems to have a very good one). Good AF while doing video, WYSIWYG on the EVF (this is good for beginners, and the OVF of entry level cameras are also not great). And as you say, price.

And as you say, the disadvantage is that it is not as fast focusing. But lets be clear, the entry level cannikons are not exactly the fast DSLRs either. They will be faster, and probably better at tracking, but they are still not the fast DSLR used for sports.

I really can see someone getting one of this as a first camera, and also, as a backup for people that have higher end nex cameras. As a backup, if I could get body only for 300, I would get it. What do I care, for just one day not to be able to see the screen. I set it in EVF and shot all day. Next day I see what happened to the good camera. But I saved the day, pretty cheap.

TiagoReil's gear list:TiagoReil's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow