Would you still buy a d600 now?

Started Aug 30, 2013 | Questions thread
TOR8472
Senior MemberPosts: 1,528Gear list
Like?
Re: maybe
In reply to Red G8R, Aug 30, 2013

Depends on what the other perks were (wouldn't want to pay for GPS or Wifi), but I'd pay a couple hundred more for the D7100 AF as that is the main thing putting me on hold right now. However, I also think $500 more puts it too close to the D800 pricepoint, so I wouldn't expect that to be likely.

To the OP, I would not buy a D600 now. I don't really believe the rumor (hope I'm wrong), but if price is a concern (which you say it is), I'd hold off a couple months and see what major price drops are coming this holiday season. I'd maybe buy a used D7000 to hold me over until then if I had no camera. If you weren't primarily a landscape shooter shooting at small apertures, I might consider risking the D600 dust issue, but since you're a landscape shooter, I wouldn't personally recommend risking it. My D7000 had some of the dust and oil issues, but they went away after about 6000 shots. I don't primarily shoot landscapes, so I only had to clean the sensor before landscape shooting and rarely noticed them in most normal shots. I don't have a D600, but understand the issue is even worse.

Red G8R wrote:

What if Nikon did add 51 pt AF plus a few perks to the D610 and adds $500 to the D600 price? Would you buy then?

-- hide signature --

Peter
Ontario, Canada

TOR8472's gear list:TOR8472's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow