Rumor: Nikon preparing to announce new D5300 and D610 DSLR cameras

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
TOR8472
Senior MemberPosts: 1,506Gear list
Like?
Re: closeout pricing
In reply to cptobvious, 8 months ago

cptobvious wrote:

I don't think the D610 will have any major spec upgrades, for the sole reason that its competitor the 6D is already behind the D600 in many aspects. Maybe the D610 will include some marginally useful features like Wifi/GPS.

I'm curious to see how low the D600 will be cleared out.

I was thinking the same thing, but more to do with the fact that too many hardware changes would cost too much to make an incremental upgrade worthwhile. If all they added was Wifi and GPS and didn't raise the price (doubtful that would happen), I would not be interested unless they added something else I wanted. I understand many people desire these features and acknowledge they are valuable to some, just not me.

If this rumor is true and the only new features are Wifi and GPS, I'd be very interested in the closeout pricing on the D600 also. If it was anything like the closeout pricing on the D200 at BestBuy a few years ago, that might be too much of a bargain to pass up.

TOR8472's gear list:TOR8472's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow