ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
salla30
Senior MemberPosts: 2,312Gear list
Like?
NEX to RX1 one... any thoughts?
11 months ago

Hi,

I have a NEX 5N and rx100 and notice a big difference in output quality between the 2, specifically sensor-wise. I have much more flexibility with the APSC output as regards PP and it's far easier to get a nice natural balanced image with the NEX than with the rx100. Just my opinion, not trying to start a flame war

Now this leads me to my question; do any of you guys have both NEX and RX1's - is there a huge difference in output again in terms of DR mostly, and can DOF issues be overcome with judicious use of lenses within the NEX context?

Conclusion; I am constantly pleased with the NEX sensor output, and wondering if the FF sensor is THAT much better!

Ps... DPanno kindly gave me access to some RAW files from his NEX to dabble with which have given me some insight into the potential, but there's nothing like getting feedback from experienced users of both systems with 1000's of shots under their belts

Thanks,

Dave

salla30's gear list:salla30's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Sony RX100 II Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow