Sony tries to make an NX20

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Rehabdoc
Contributing MemberPosts: 906
Like?
Re: Sony tries to make an NX20
In reply to Diacyclops81, 11 months ago

Admission: I have a NEX 5n. Wouldn't mind a Sony knockoff of a NX20 ( or NX30????)...but compare their A3000 with the features in the NX20...there's no articulating back, the lcd is low res, there's no IBIS for old timers like me with a bit of the shakes.  DP initial impressions (and mine) are negative. Samsung has an open door...how about a NX30 with quality construction, updated sensor etc. Sony seems rudderless, up the ante.

Sony is rudderless? Get serious here. I am a Korean, a huge Samsung fan, and kind of a Sony critic in all areas other than cameras. But I have to say that Sony is definitely doing a better job in cameras.

The A3000 in a $399 MSRP camera.

The NX20 was Samsung's $1099 MSRP flagship camera now discounted to $549.

So you're comparing the features of the top of the line Samsung NX mount with Sony's CHEAPEST E-mount offering. A Sony that is positioned well below Samsung NX1000's MSRP, and right about at the NX1000's street price.

Now Samsung is offering a Galaxy camera for $1700. They need to focus on the cameras operating as great cameras, while innovating in the tech ideas. I keep expecting and wanting Samsung to finally come around to making terrific cameras but so far they're just "OK", and way overpriced as cameras for what you get.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow