For editing high quality photos - laptop, desktop, all-in-one?

Started Aug 30, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
eilivk
Senior MemberPosts: 1,463Gear list
Like?
For editing high quality photos - laptop, desktop, all-in-one?
Aug 30, 2013

After getting a FF camera have a feeling my 6 year old Acer Aspire is not good enough for watching and editing photos, they look a lot better on the camera LCD (and in real life). Some say buy a large screen, but I'm skeptic - the laptop screen will be in the way of the new screen. and my laptop seems to small for a lot of things.

The first advice, buy a "stationary" PC as we say here, like Acer AX1470 and a HP 23x1 screen. Large enough for doing several things at the same time? Like watching TV? Not into games and such. Intend to have it for some years. - The screen any good, maybe larger?

Or maybe "one-in-all" if thats the name. But I got place for a "cabinet" in a "stationary" PC if that's more for the money.

Laptop screens of course smaller, and also inferior quality? Do not really need a portable PC.

Any advice on which type of PC and screen would be nice. And where are the quality reviews? Just now rather confused, have not read PC magazines for some years. So where do I start? FF camera does not mean I'm a pro, but need a "good" screen anyway.

eilivk's gear list:eilivk's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Canon PowerShot SX20 IS Ricoh CX4 Sony RX1 +7 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow