Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Neurad1
Contributing MemberPosts: 779Gear list
Like?
I promise I am not a troll.
8 months ago

I just came across this post containing pictures taken in Venice with a Canon 600D in the DPReview Travel and Landscape forum. I was in Venice a year ago last June, just after buying my OMD EM5. While the composition is not great and the colors a bit warm, I had to admit that the IQ of many of the images shot with the Canon were better than I got with my OMD. Admittedly, I was shooting with the kit lens (12-50) as it was all that I had at the time. But even with the best glass I now own, I don't think I'm getting this kind of IQ. Until now I hadn't really looked at images of places/scenes of which I had taken similar shots with my OMD, and it didn't really "hit" me until this. When I first looked at the page, I thought he had said he used a D600 (FF Nikon). When I realized it was an APS-C camera, my heart fell a little further.

Comments? I own a Sony RX-1, but do not own an APS-C or FF DLSR. I traded in my Nikon D200 when I bought the OMD.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110166469215596206907/Venessia?noredirect=1#slideshow/5910505250327083826

Neurad1's gear list:Neurad1's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony RX1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 +22 more
Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Nikon D200 Nikon D600 Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow