Started Aug 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
borocay
Forum MemberPosts: 82Gear list
Like?
Keep LX7 or RX100?
Aug 29, 2013

Hi, I have owned a Panasonic LX7 for about six months and I have fallen in love with it. It is a very fun camera to use.  The other day I was at Best Buy looking at cameras and I came across the RX100. I had read all of the great reviews on the camera so I was intrigued to say the least. The Best Buy guy comes by and tells me that they have an open box RX100 for sale for $460.00. That is a significant reduction off the retail price for the camera so it caught my attention to say the least. Then he tells me that he might be able to get his manager to go even lower on the price. A few minutes later he comes back and tell me he can sell it for $420.00. I couldn't pass it up so I bought it. I have used it for the past couple of days taking pictures around the house. It is a very nice camera. However, it is not as easy or fun to use as the LX7.  Unfortunately, I have to come to terms that I can only keep one camera since both the LX7 and the RX100 are so similar.  I hate to return such a nice camera that I got for such a cheap price, but at the same time I recognize that keeping both is foolish.  I really want to keep one of them and purchase something else like a WX300 or HX50V which has a large zoom, so I can have different types of cameras for different occasions. I know this is a Sony forum so most posters will favor the RX100 but I really want some suggestions on which one to keep.  Any help, suggestions, tie-breakers would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

borocay's gear list:borocay's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow