Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Landscapeforfun
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Lightweight Tripod for hiking?
11 months ago

I am in search of a decent tripod for somewhere around $200-$250. That is really all I have to spend for the foreseeable future, and that will be after saving up for a while. I know the lightest tripods will all be carbon fiber, which is almost certainly out of my price range for a full size tripod, but are there any short light weight tripods out there? I have no problem sitting down to take pictures. A maximum height of 2-3' would be fine for me, I don't need to stand 6' up to take the majority of my landscape shots.

I was originally looking at getting a Vanguard Alta Pro 263AT, but the legs+head weigh in at almost 6lbs, which will almost certainly limit my willingness to bring it on hiking trips. I have a Canon Rebel T3i with the 18-55mm and 55-250mm kit lenses.

I know for full tripods strength, weight, and price are "pick any two", but are there any smaller tripods that can get me all 3? I can live without a ton of features if I can get down to <3lbs and still have something sturdy.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow