Started Aug 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 14,768Gear list
Like?
Re: M43 seems more and more overpriced compared to NEX
In reply to jagge, Aug 29, 2013

jagge wrote:

Hey

Did just see the announcements from Sony and have to say that the m43 system seems more and more overpriced compared to the NEX system. See the new nex5t a very competetive sensor, and the new entry level model, with a very capable sensor as well.

Compare that to the EP5 and the GX7. I know maybe not a completely fair comparisson but not far off, the prices are though.

And the cheap sigma primes are a super match for the aps-c sensor, not as much the m43.

True.

I am a m43 supporter BUT I do think that it gets less and less competetive compared to nex.

Jakob

The NEX-5T is basically unchanged from the previous 5R (which I own) except for the addition of NF. I don't recommend the basic 3n.

Although performance of the 5T is comparable to the EP5 and the GX7, the 5T lacks some features, at 1/2 the price.

The Alpha A3000, announced yesterday (see DPR) has been officially designated to the NEX Talk Forum. It gets confusing because this is not really a NEX camera at all, although it has the e-mount. It is an assemblage of mostly the cheapest parts from alpha-DSLR and Cybershot parts bin, a fast but non-IBIS 20.1 ISO sensor and familiar menu and controls (to NEX-ers.) ISO limit 16,000. Body plastic faux-DSLR, stripper model...

.....Hmmmm....REMINDS ME OF THE LUMIX G-10 stripper!

But for only $399 including kit lens?

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow